Can you believe it’s the end of August already?!
This month has been a little boring favorites wise, mainly due to the fact that I didn’t buy too many new products and what I have used tended to be a little samey.
But regardless! Here’s a few things I’ve been enjoying.
1. Soap & Glory All is Calm Green Colour Corrector £8.I’ve mentioned this in a post before regarding colour correcting (see here) I use this pretty much all the time. Used under your base, be it BB Cream or Foundation this little guy removes redness without showing through base products or changing the consistency or finish. I haven’t ever saw this in store but I purchases mine from the boots website. Get it here!
2. Estée Lauder Doublewear Compact in Ecru 1 £33. I’m not gonna lie, I really didn’t like Doublewear foundation. I couldn’t get a colour that matched and it was just too matte and full coverage for me. This however is gorgeous! It has a dewy finish and is light to medium finish. Only downside is it is quite costly and you get less product than you do usually in a foundation ( 12ml instead of 30ml)
3. Lime Crime Perlees lipstick in Lady (limited edition sorry!) This came out for valentines however I’m in love now. Not too much to say about this other than its stunning. Reds are easily my favorite lip colour and this is one of the prettiest. It’s a strawberry red and is a pearly metallic. It’s so pretty on super pale skins. It’s no longer on the website but other colours are. See here! The swatch just doesn’t do it justice!
Two Korean brands this month…sorry! They just do it better!
1. Neogen Real Fresh Foam Cleanser Cranberry £14.49. I’ve only just began using this but I really am enough it. Made for sensitive skin this foam cleanser claims to be non irritating and wash away impurities with cranberry water and natural nutrients. It certainly doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight or dry atall. It also has real cranberrys in the bottom. Preserved perfectly by the cleanser itself. Anti aging much?
2. Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid £16.01. This is a treatment applied to skin after cleansing and toning. Made to be used on the blackhead / acne prone areas of your face for me my nose mostly. BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid and helps with exfoliation and fighting breakouts. With 4% Betaine Salicylate (the BHA ingredient) it is gentle enough for normal skins daily. Those with more sensitive skin may have to use it less. If interested please read more on this product, it’s amazing, with noticeable difference in spots, pores and blackheads within days. My skin texture has greatly improved thanks to this holy grail product!
I’m doing the #septemberskinchallenge next month- a different product each day. Look out for this! I will post weekly on here and daily on my Instagram I’m so excited to do this, I adore skincare! Tag along!
I’m currently reading The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe. A big Marilyn fan since my early teens there isn’t much I didn’t already know in this book but it is written beautifully. They recently turned this book into a 2 part drama on tv under the same name and it was also fantastic. Worth a read.
On Netflix I went from one extreme to another. I have been enjoying the K drama – Atelier. It’s cheesey comical and entertaining. I’ve been enjoying it!